- Spelling and grammar proofreading tools
You should get used to working with on-line dictionaries, such as The Free Dictionary and free Spelling and Grammar proofreading tools. They will never be able to substitute their human counterparts, but they are very useful as a first and basic checking of your manuscripts.
A spelling bee is a competition in which contestants are asked to spell words. It is a fun word-game for all ages and encourages students to improve their spelling and broaden their vocabulary.
- How do you spell check your documents?
Nowadays, word processors automatically check the spelling and grammar in your document. For instance, if you use Microsoft Office, go to Review tab, in the Proofing group, click Spelling & Grammar.
It is also available under Tools, Spelling and Grammar or just press the F7 key on your keyboard. Another alternative is to use After Deadline. It is “a smart English grammar, style, and contextual spelling checker for OpenOffice.org”.
If you use Sublime Text there are two settings that affect the spell checking in Preferences.sublime-settings (Preferences > Settings—User):
Chatbots are conversational programs that mimic human intelligence. They are fun, entertaining, and useful for ESL students.
Free chatbots, also known as chat robot or chatterbot, can be found in:
- Efl Classroom 2.0 is a community of English language learners and teachers. They have a chatbot in eLearning –> Talk to Alice.
- Alice is the most awarded chatbot ever.
- Jabber aims to simulate natural human chat in an interesting, entertaining and humorous manner.
- Kyle is an artificial intelligence learning chat robot that aims to simulate natural human language.
- Tutor is another awarded chatbot.
- Akinator is a web genie. It can guess the name of any character correctly. Can you believe it?
I am a social activist. I have two Bachelor's degrees, Maths and Computer & Software Engineering. I also have a Ph.D. in Psychology. I have written nine published books, four scientific articles, and five scientific presentations. I simply want to contribute to making a difference where it counts, so that we make the world a better, more sustainable, prosperous, and fairer place. I am always willing to give free talks and lectures about the social problems that exist in our world today. View all posts by Anawim