What can we do to stop global warming?
- Educate yourself, get informed and find out the facts.
- Drive less, use more public transport, walk or ride your bicycle.
- Reduce waste, stop littering, consume less, try to reuse, refill, and recycle as much as possible. Learn more in Recycling for Kids, Recycle Now (Recycle), NASA’s Climate Kids (Play Games, Recycle this), and Cater4You, Recycling, The Problem with Disposable Coffee Cup Recycling.
- Consume less energy. Turn off electrical appliances/lights when you are not using them. Use less heat and air-conditioning, and buy energy-efficient products. We also need to promote alternative and renewable sources of energy like solar energy, wind energy, tidal energy, bike generators, etc.
- Read our free ebook Energy for more information about this important topic.
- Plant a tree, conserve water and use it wisely, buy organic foods that are grown or produced locally and are in season, etc.
- As responsible citizens, we must also be proactive and push our leaders, political parties, mass media, communities, etc. for strong actions on global warming.
A. EcoKids “offers topical information about the environment through interactive, fun, educational games and activities that utilize participants’ willingness to learn.”
B. EekoWorld “is designed to help children […] about the important role they can play in taking care of the Earth.”
I am a social activist. I have two Bachelor's degrees, Maths and Computer & Software Engineering. I also have a Ph.D. in Psychology. I have written nine published books, four scientific articles, and five scientific presentations. I simply want to contribute to making a difference where it counts, so that we make the world a better, more sustainable, prosperous, and fairer place. I am always willing to give free talks and lectures about the social problems that exist in our world today. View all posts by Anawim