Someone asked me, if I were stranded on a desert island what book would I bring… ‘How to Build a Boat,’ Steven Wright
Read our free ebook Twelve in the lift for a gentle introduction to this claustrophobic topic.
Imagine this scenario: You are stuck in a lift. What should you do? Let me offer you some tips and ideas:
- “Relax. Simply close your eyes, take a deep breath, and settle in for what’s next” (HDHubby.com, Six Things You Should Do If You Get Stuck In An Elevator).
- “Press another floor button to see if it will simply go. If not, try the open door button” (eHow.com, How to Survive in a Trapped Elevator).
- Whatever you do, don’t try to get out on your own. You never know when a stuck elevator could start moving again (SITCH NEWS, Five Steps to Take if You Get Stuck in an Elevator).
- Wait patiently for help to come. I cannot stress on this point enough. Patience is key in a situation like this.
- “Call for assistance. Use the emergency telephone, your mobile phone, bang on the doors and yell” (TechWench, What To Do If You’re Trapped In An Elevator).