I hope everyone that is reading this is having a really good day. And if you are not, just know that in every new minute that passes you have an opportunity to change that, Gillian Anderson.
Do you want to have a good and productive day?
Here are a handful of ideas, quotes, and websites to help you figure out what to do:
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realise they were the big things, Robert Brault.
Don’t just drag yourself out of bed every morning. Get alive and awaken your mind and body for the gift of a brand new day gift wrapped with sun light and air. Not just another ordinary day, it is the day of new opportunities, Phoebe Kites.
- Have a good night’s sleep. That way you wake up feeling fresh and energized. Sleep is vital for living a healthy, happy life.
- Cultivate Laughter And Joy. it’s important to do whatever you can to create the conditions that foster joy for you –whether it’s spending quality time with friends and family, indulging in a rewarding hobby or personal project, or doing whatever you find to be fun. Play and playfulness are the easiest and most fun ways to cultivate laughter and joy in our lives.
- The key to a healthy life is connected, loving relationships with anyone and everyone (Patch Adams). Get out, socialize, go to church, join a gym or a club, hang out with friends and meet new people, do your best to improve the quality and depth of your relationships.
- Eat the right foods. Eat a healthy, balanced diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables. If you want to have a good day, you need to give your body the proper fuel to keep it going.
- Live within your means. Cut unnecessary expenses. Don’t let yourself be enslaved by debt. Save money by cutting the cord (some alternatives are Hulu, Netflix and YouTube), drinking tap water instead of bottled water, buying only the food that you will actually eat, dropping entertainment, restaurants and unnecessary shopping, etc.
- Live in the moment. “I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it,” Groucho Marx.
- Control what you can control, and let go of the rest.
- “Let the gratefulness overflow into blessing all around you. Then it will really be a good day,” Brother David Steindl-Rast.
Smile your best smile at everyone you see, be kind, generous, honest, and thankful. Be the best version of yourself, improve the lives of those around you (every life you touch makes a difference), and enjoy life to the fullest.
I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life. To put to rout all that was not life; and not, when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived, Neil Perry.