To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure, J.K. Rowling.
- What is it? “The irreversible cessation of all vital functions especially as indicated by permanent stoppage of the heart, respiration, and brain activity” (Merriam-Webster).
- How to deal with death? Accepting the facts. “The earlier you accept the truth, the sooner you can begin working through all of the difficult emotions that death brings. [..] Death is universal (it happens to all living things), permanent (it is forever), and irreversible” (PBS Kids Go! It’s my life, Emotions, Dealing with death).
- Remember: No pain will last forever.
- Give yourself time to heal from the loss.
- “Spend lots of time with people who love and care about you. They will be your comfort and shoulder to cry on if things get hard. Never be ashamed to grieve over the loss of your mother” (How to Deal with the Death of a Mother, eHow.com).