What are the best religious resources?
- Xiphos is an open source and free Bible study tool written for Linux, UNIX, and Windows using GTK, offering a rich and featureful environment for reading, study, and research using modules from The SWORD Project and elsewhere.
- e-Sword is a fast and effective way to study the Bible. e-Sword is feature rich and user friendly with more capabilities than you would expect in a free Bible study app.
- Another options: BibleTime is a completely free Bible study program, built for Linux, Windows, and Mac OS. BibleTime contains over 200 free Bible texts, commentaries, dictionaries and books, provided by the Crosswire Bible Society via the SWORD programming library. Eloquent is a free and open-source application for research and study of God and His Word. It is developed specifically for Mac OS.
- BibleGateway is a website designed to allow easy reading, listening, studying, searching, and sharing of the Bible in many different versions and translations. The Bible Gateway App is the official and free Bible reading, listening, and learning experience from BibleGateway.com.
- Apps: “Tens of millions of people are using the Bible App™ to make God’s Word a part of their daily lives. Enjoy hundreds of versions, including audio, all on your mobile device.” Studying the Bible shouldn’t be hard. Olive Tree Bible App equips you with easy-to-use Bible study tools and resources so you can stop skimming Scripture and get answers—for free.
- Prayer apps. Pray As You Go is a daily prayer session, designed to go with you wherever you go, to help you pray whenever you find time, but particularly whilst travelling to and from work, study, etc. (Catholic). Our Daily Bread, daily encouragement and inspiration to draw closer to God each day. The mission of evangeli.net is to send the Gospel by internet to all parts of the world.
- There are also many free Islamic e-books and applications: ImaanStar, free Islamic ebooks, software, and multimedia. Islamic Finder, Download Athan. An app that helps you build a prayer habit. It is loved by Muslims all over the world! Zekr is an open platform Qur’an study tool for simply browsing and researching on the Holy Qur’an.
First, we need to add a module source (Xiphos’ mechanims to get new and updated content). In Module Sources, there are two options: Add/Remove and Choose. Click Choose, then select the remote CrossWire source. Click the Refresh to add the source.
Next, go to Modules, Install/Update, and select some Bibles, such as KJV (King James Version), BBE (Bible in Basic English) and other modules (Commentaries, Dictionaries, Glossaries, etc.) of your preference. Click Install, wait just a little, and close the Module Manager when you are done, and you are ready to go.
Click on the Download menu. There are hundreds of bibles, commentaries, dictionaries, bible timelines, maps, etc. that you can download and use for free. You can download thousands of free e-Sword books, commentaries, dictionaries, and Bibles in BibleSupport.
I am a social activist. I have two Bachelor's degrees, Maths and Computer & Software Engineering. I also have a Ph.D. in Psychology. I have written nine published books, four scientific articles, and five scientific presentations. I simply want to contribute to making a difference where it counts, so that we make the world a better, more sustainable, prosperous, and fairer place. I am always willing to give free talks and lectures about the social problems that exist in our world today. View all posts by Anawim