Síguenos / Follow us!
En esta página encontrarás multitud de recursos que te ayudarán a mejorar tu listening en inglés: vídeos, televisión, web, etc.
If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his own language, that goes to his heart.Nelson Mandela.
Learn everything you can, anytime you can, from anyone you can; there will always come a time when you will be grateful you did.Sarah Caldwell.
Variety is the spice of life.Anonymous.
One of the basic strategies to significantly increase your language skills is to listen as much as possible.
What can you hear? In principle, as the old saying goes, Variety is the spice of life. It is all about listening to various sources, about many subjects, natives of different nationalities, accents, etc.
The web sites you might want to visit are: -free of charge, of course- 🙂
- ESLVideo.com is an impressive collection of videos organized by level: Beginner, Lower Intermediate, Intermediate, and Upper Intermediate. It includes quizzes to assess comprehension.
- Elllo has an incredibly large number of videos, games, and printable PDF worksheets, as well as, downloadable MP3 audio files.
- YouTube is another outstanding resource. It is packed with free videos about anything and everything you could possibly want to know. In particular, there are many ESL courses, such as, JenniferESL, The Daily English Show, Learn English with Mister Duncan, BBC Learning English, amongst others.
- Other websites for watching videos are: Open Culture, one of the best free cultural & educational media on the web; CNN Student News, which is designed for use in middle and high school classrooms; Ted, Ideas worth spreading, packed with many inspiring videos to watch; OVGuide, Your On-line Video Guide, etc.
- Television. Many consider television to be bad for us. It encourages consumerism, presents a distorted image of what is really going on in the world, is linked to depression, social anxiety, attention problems, obesity, sleeping problems, antisocial and criminal behaviour in adolescents, etc. However, watching English television programmes is very helpful to improve your listening skills and pronunciation. How can you find these English television programmes?
- On-line: Comedy Central Official Site offers many full episodes (The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, etc.) and funny video clips; MixMedia Now is a collection of the most popular online TV streams (News, Entertainment, Sports, etc.); WWitv is a great resource to find live online TV channels broadcasting on the Internet.
- Satellite: Astra 19.2°E, Eutelsat Hot Bird 13ºE, etc. For further information visit European Satellite Zapping & Directory
- That’s English is a free Spanish TV series for learning English.
- Applications: Miro is a popular free open-source music and video player, and Internet TV application; SopCast is the software of choice for many people looking to watch free on-line television; Veoh allows you to watch videos on-line or download Veoh Web Player, which is a web video downloader and player. Winamp is a customizable multimedia player that enables you to play music and watch videos.
Compártelo / Share it!