The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go,Dr. Seuss.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one,George R.R. Martin.
Why do you need to read as much as you can?
- Reading develops the mind. Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body. “The mind is a muscle. It needs exercise. Understanding the written word is one way the mind grows in its ability. Teaching young children to read helps them develop their language skills,” Learn to read Prince George. It improves our focus, memory, and concentration.
- Reading expands our knowledge base and enhances our analytical thinking.
- It increases your vocabulary and improves your spelling.
- Reading develops your writing skills. The more you read, the better writer you will become.
- Reading reduces stress. Reading can lower your stress levels significantly. Just read something that is enjoyable to you and provides a calm atmosphere. Reading before bed can help you sleep.
- Reading encourages creativity, it allows for creative thinking.
- Use it or lose It! Reading books helps fight Alzheimer’s disease, memory loss, and dementia by putting your brain to work.
- Reading is the best cheap or even free entertainment you can get. You can visit your local library and there are also many sources online where you can read and download free e-books.
You may want to visit our Reading section in order to access our free e-book library.