Síguenos / Follow us!
Destiny is a bitch, Anonymous.
Destiny is not a matter of chance; it is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved, William Jennings Bryan.
It is very true that life is not simple, nor is it fair. Life does not make any sense, it just happens. Even if you have an ordered life, you feel secure and safe, chaos is lurking around the corner, waiting to smack you with a dose of reality. Sooner or later you’ll have your share of drama: a car accident, a serious illness, the death of a loved one, the loss of your job, becoming a victim of violence or a natural disaster, etc.
The key thing is, what are you going to do about it? Let me offer you some ideas:
- Do not deny reality or mourn the fact that the way you think life should be is not the way it really is. Life is hard, full of problems, difficulties, and uncertainty.
Embrace the change, no matter what it is; once you do, you can learn about the new world you’re in and take advantage of it, Nikki Giovanni.
- Evaluate the change, embrace it, and act accordingly. You should never wait until it is too late, but try to anticipate and act decisively when you see a solution. Spencer Johnson wrote some very good insights in “Who stole my cheese?” about what to do with inevitable change.
(1) Accept change, it is absolutely inevitable, there is nothing that we can do about it: “the cheese is always moving.”
Truth is never sad, but it has no remedy, Joan Manuel Serrat.
(2) Be alert to possible signs of change: “Smell the cheese often so you know when it is getting old.” Do not be lazy! Always be aware and alert to your surroundings. The sooner you are able to acknowledge and embrace these changes, the more chances of success you will have.
(3) Embrace change: “Life moves on and so should we,” “What would you do if you weren’t afraid?,” “What you are afraid of is never as bad as what you imagine. The fear you allow to get built up in your mind is worse than the situation that actually exists,” and “The quicker you let go of old cheese, the sooner you’ll find a new one.”
(4) Enjoy life!: “When you stop being afraid you feel good,” “See what you’re doing wrong, laugh at it, change and do it better.” It is not only about accepting and embracing change, but it is also about enjoying it. Realize that there are new opportunities and possibilities for us to grow, be reborn, and happy.
- Do not let fear paralyse you with uncertainty, indecisiveness, and inaction!
The only thing we have to fear is fear itself, Franklin D. Roosevelt.
- Never deny the evidence of your own intuition and experience. On the contrary, avoid problems and negative outcomes before it is too late. Anticipation is the key to success or as the old saying goes: “Prevention is better than cure.”
- Focus on the basics, on the essence, and seek the new situation’s positive side and the new possibilities that emerge from it: “Troubled waters, fisherman’s gain.”
- Let difficulties know that you too are difficult, act with courage and determination, work like hell! Never, never, give up. Just try again!
- Do not let yourself be consumed by stress and worries. Life is meant to be enjoyed, not merely endured. Find time to have fun, to be with your loved ones and friends, to practice your hobbies, to relax and unwind, etc.
Compártelo / Share it!