Síguenos / Follow us!
Even if you were to fall into extreme financial hardship and file for bankruptcy, you need to understand that your student loan debt will not be discharged through bankruptcy. It is the Velcro of all debts. Suze Orman
Please, be careful about accumulating massive debts while you are studying, especially away from home and abroad!
“Student debt is a form of debt that is owed by an attending, withdrawn or graduated student to a lending institution” (Wikipedia) “Two-thirds of students graduating from American colleges and universities are graduating with some level of debt […] the average borrower will graduate $26,600 in the red and one in 10 graduates accumulate more than $40,000” ( Forbes)
“Heavy debt can be crushing for many students. Young people who graduate with debt have lower net worth, are less likely to own a home, and less likely to have any savings. […] Debt levels are linked to lower graduation levels and reduce the likelihood of continuing to study beyond a bachelor’s degree. […] In addition, the psychological impact of accumulating massive debt while studying is difficult to assess but must be a significant factor for most debt-burdened students”, ( The Peak Magazine).
Remember, you can develop new skills and gain knowledge on-line for free. Let me offer some suggestions:
- Codecamy, learn to code interactively, for free. W3Schools is the world’s largest web development site.
- Investopedia is an Internet site devoted to investment education.
- Khan Academy is a non-profit organisation with the mission of providing a free, world-class education for anyone, anywhere. “Students can make use of our extensive library of content, including interactive challenges, assessments, and videos… It covers maths, science topics such as biology, chemistry, and physics, and even reaches into the humanities with playlists on finance and history”.
- Get inspired with Ted, ideas worth spreading! This is a non-profit organisation devoted to spreading ideas, usually in the form of short, powerful talks.
- iTunes U courses is a completely free medium via Apple iTunes in which colleges and universities offer lectures, courses, and instructive podcasts to users all around the world.
- Academic Earth offers free online college courses from top universities.
- CosmoLearning is a free educational website for students and teachers. It is an aggregator of on-line video lessons and documentaries.
- Coursera is an educational platform that partners with top universities and organizations worldwide, in order to offer online courses that anyone can take, for free.
- MITOpenCourseWare turns the materials used in MIT teaching into subjects that are available on the Web.
Compártelo / Share it!