I have seen the deep suffering of the Somali people with my own eyes, who are looking for safety and food. Refugee children who are dying and their mothers who have become walking skeletons, are faced with the choice of which child to save, Antonio Gutiérrez.
- Play Free Rice, for each answer you get right, it donates 10 grains of rice to help end hunger.
- Learn more about the issue, inform yourself through research and investigation. “200 million children under five years of age suffer from acute or chronic symptoms of malnutrition […] malnutrition is an important factor among the nearly 13 million children under five who die every year from preventable diseases and infections, such as measles, diarrhoea, malaria and pneumonia, or from some combination of these,” Feeding Minds, Fighting Hunger. “Food production is not the main problem. The problem is that millions of people are poor and cannot get their hands on enough good nutritious food every day,” Ending Hunger.
- Play Food force, “an educational project to solve the food crisis by collaborative, joyful and self-empowered learning.”
- See the world from a different perspective with World Mapper. Select Map Categories, Poverty, Undernourishment. The territory size on its map shows the proportion of undernourished people that live there. An alternative is the World Food Programme’s Hunger Map.
- Put pressure on politicians to end hunger, and push for action wherever you are.
- Feed a child with a click in Bhookh and learn that “Hunger remains the No.1 cause of death in the world. Aids, Cancer etc. follow.” Other alternatives are: Por los chicos, and The Hunger Site.
- Join an ONG, volunteer, donate money,write letters to governments, companies, and newspapers voicing your concerns.
I am a social activist. I have two Bachelor's degrees, Maths and Computer & Software Engineering. I also have a Ph.D. in Psychology. I have written nine published books, four scientific articles, and five scientific presentations. I simply want to contribute to making a difference where it counts, so that we make the world a better, more sustainable, prosperous, and fairer place. I am always willing to give free talks and lectures about the social problems that exist in our world today. View all posts by Anawim